Social anxiety disorder or social phobia
- Person is fearful of social situations, social interactions, conversation, meeting.
- Person is fearful of eating, performing in front of people (giving a speech)
- Person thinks that he or she will act in a way which will be embarrassing.
- Person tries to avoid social gatherings, meetings, giving speech, eating publicly.
- Fear of these situations is out of proportion to the actual danger.
Why to treat social anxiety / social phobia?
- Social phobia must be treated for complete development of a person.
- Person with social anxiety, social phobia suffers from distress in social situations.
- Person’s social development, academic achievement, job performance is poor in social anxiety social phobia.
- After treatment of social anxiety social phobia person’s life becomes very easy and enjoyable.
How to treat social anxiety / social phobia?
- Psychotherapy: CBT cognitive behaviour therapy
- Relaxation trainings