Why Mental Health Is Important For A Better And Healthy Life
Mental health is very important to live a better and healthy life. In today’s time, various people from all over the world having mental health issues. However, there are plenty of ways to keep your mental health strong.
What is Mental Health?
Health is important for the development of the country. According to the World Health Organization (WHHO / WHO), “the treatment of disease or debility is being done well in physical, mental, social and spiritual ways. In defining mental health it can be said that by this, a person Reveals their capabilities, comes with the confidence that they can cope with the stresses of life, be able to work productively and make a contribution to themselves or their community. That is, by fighting and winning this dilemma, a mentally independent person can do any job well. So it is the foundation for the effective functioning of a community.
Read Also: 5 Tips to Improve Your Mental Health
Why is it important?
More than 45 crore people suffer from mental disorders. According to the WHO, depression will be the second-largest cause of disease worldwide by the year 2020 (Murray and Lopez, 1996). The global burden of mental health will be well beyond the healing capabilities of developed and developing countries. The social and economic costs associated with the increasing burden of mental illness have focused on the promotion of mental health as well as the possibilities of prevention and treatment of mental illnesses. Thus mental health is related to behavior and is considered to be the root of physical health and quality of life.
- Physical health and mental health are closely related and it is undoubtedly proven that depression causes cardiovascular and vascular diseases.
- Mental disorders affect a person’s health-related behaviors such as eating wisely, regular exercise, adequate sleep, safe sexual behavior, alcohol and smoking, adherence to medical treatments, etc., and thus increase the risk of physical illness.
- Social problems also arise due to mental illness such as unemployed, scattered families, poverty, drug abuse, and related crimes.
- Mental malaise plays an important role in the deterioration of prophylactic activity.
- The Depression of medical patients with depression is worse than that of patients without depression.
- Long-lasting diseases such as diabetes, cancer, heart disease increase the risk of depression.
Five best ways to keep mental health strong-
Here are the five things you can consider to make your mental health strong-
- Value Yourself
- Eat Well Sleep Well
- Surround Yourself With Good People
- Keep in Touch With Your Friends and Family
- Keep In Touch With Your Doctor
If you are feeling fatigued, anxious, or stressed then you need to take some important steps towards it. You can consider the discussed above factors or consult with the best psychiatrist in Jaipur to make your mental health strong.